The Unit for the Planning and Financial Management of Research Projects provides information about programs and competition announcements for the funding of research projects and assures the necessary assistance by supporting professors in the development of projects and proposals. Moreover, it spreads information concerning the main national programs of support to scientific research. It develops and implements the service about the funds for research of the European Union and other international funding organizations. Moreover, the University of Verona has enacted a contact centre between firms and organizations called Liaison Office, in order to manage the relations with non-academic productive entities. The main functions of the office are:
- (a) the promotion and spreading of the results of the university research and their use for firms and organizations;
- (b) the exploitation of the opportunities for research in technology, which will generate and sustain new industrial units;
- (c) the strengthening of links with industry and the chance to develop new technologies, research personnel and structures available to firms;
- (d) support to researchers in recognizing the commercial implications of their discoveries; the creation of enterprises within the University (Spin off);
- (f) development of procedures of patenting of products/services deriving from research.
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL DOCTORATES OF RESEARCH
The Doctorate of Research is the third and highest level of education within the Italian academic structure and is equivalent to the PhD. (Doctor of Philosophy) title of Anglo-Saxon countries. The doctoral courses last 3 years in Italy and aim at providing the necessary competence for practicing research activities of high qualification at universities, public organizations and private subjects.
The Unit for National and International Doctorates of Research is responsible for the competition announcements and all the connected procedures. Moreover, it writes agreements of scientific cooperation with Italian and foreign Organizations and Institutions aiming to support the doctoral courses financially; it signs bilateral agreements with universities and European and non-European research centres for the internationalization of the doctoral programs through the co-tutorship of theses.
The mobility of Ph.D. students is fundamental for the doctoral training. Hence, the University of Verona promotes the development of research activities at foreign institutions in European and non-European countries. Moreover, it financially supports PhD students with scholarships, by funding 50% of their expenses, depending on the period of mobility spent abroad. All courses of doctorate start each year on 01/01 (the academic year coincides with the solar year). The six Schools of Doctorate are:
- Humanistic Studies
- Sciences, Engineering and Medicine
- Human Sciences and Philosophy
- Life and Health Sciences
- Biomedical Traslational Sciences.
Along with the doctorates linked to the Schools, students can choose one of the following PhD Courses:
- Italian and European Constitutional Right
- Right and Economy of Enterprise: Internal and International matters
- European Private Right and Patrimonial Relations
- Multimedial Imaging and biomedicine
- Sciences of Surgery and Hepatic-biliary and Pancreatic Diseases
- Nanotechnologies and nano-materials for the applications in the biomedical field
Students who might be interested in taking part in the selection for the access to the Doctoral courses offered by the University of Verona are required to follow all the procedures mentioned in “Announcement for the admission to the Schools and Courses of Doctorate of Research”, published every year – usually in July – on the “Official Competitions Journal” and on the Official Notice Board of the University (www.univr.it).
The unit supports the development of research activities by managing Research grants and is in charge, in particular, of the different steps of the research contract, including the arrangement of the competition announcement, dealing with the examining commission, the selection (evaluation of titles and discussion), and the final stages.
DepartmentsSection under construction.
More informations about Departments will be published as soon as possible.
- ARTS, ARCHAEOLOGY, HISTORY, AND SOCIETY
- PHILOLOGY, LITERATURE, AND LINGUISTICS
- FOREIGN LANGUAGES AND LITERATURES
- PHILOSOPHY, EDUCATION AND PSYCHOLOGY
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- NEUROLOGICAL, NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL, MORPHOLOGICAL AND MOVEMENT SCIENCES
- PUBLIC HEALTH AND COMMUNITY MEDICINE
- PATHOLOGY AND DIAGNOSTICS
- LIFE AND REPRODUCTION SCIENCES
- COMPUTER SCIENCE